Friday, October 10, 2014

RESIDENCE FOR HENRY M. MINTON, ESQ., MANHASSET, L. I.

RESIDENCE FOR HENRY M. MINTON, ESQ., MANHASSET, L. I.
 Thomas Harlan Ellett, Architect, New York

"Brookwood", the Henry Miller Minton estate designed by Thomas H. Ellet c. 1929 in North Hills.

Mr. Minton began his career with the New York financial concern of Spencer Trask & Company, where he remained until he joined Church & Dwight. Mr. Minton joined the company in 1938 and was instrumental in making the logotype of one of its divisions, Arm and Hammer, the country's largest producer of baking soda.

"Brookwood" has since been demolished. Click HERE to see where estate stood at wikimapia. 1966 aerial showing estate still standing. Check THIS LINK for another Ellett rendering. 

1 comment:

  1. I’m this is my grandparents home, and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete